• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harman Kardon 670 vs 930 - vintage

lucian dumi

New Member
Greetings to all. I need help. I can buy two vintage Harman Kardon receivers. Hk670 at $ 300 with 2x60 wats and hk930 (wood case) at $ 350 with 2x48 wats. Both look very good. Which has a better sound? What do you choose between two and why?
Does the difference between the two 930 transformers and the one in the 670?
I like both optics. I will pair them with a pair of high quality speakers, the Sanyo sxm-8000, a series of top very similar to the much more famous Fisher ste-1200.
Thank you in advance for any answer.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Buna. Mai am încă o săptămână pentru a decide care dintre ele să cumpere.
Îmi plac amândoi, dar mă interesează să am un sunet mai bun. Apreciez orice sugestie. În mod ideal ar fi de la cineva care deține ambele. Toate cele bune.
 
I would love to have the STE-1200 speakers but never see them for sale here in the USA I also have both receivers and they are both staying in my collection!
 
Hi Cylontymany. I'm glad you like the speakers. I'm a dream. They have a sound that I have rarely heard.
If you say you have both receivers (hk670 and 930), then tell me which sounds better in your opinion. Help me choose one of them. Thank you
 
I like them both and they are staying in my collection why don't you just do the same if you like them both like me!
 
I'd go for the 930, had one 2 years back and it sounded real good. Still have another in storage to be repaired, its a heavy beast.
 
I think there were a couple "hk670."

One was in the 1978-80 lineup, and was, if anything, blindingly silver.
Then, I believe there was a later "hk670" integrated amp, which indeed was BPC-era.
Not sure which OP is referring to...?
 
Well, since I own a Harman Kardon HK670 and just love it my vote is for the 670 but you can not go wrong with either one. I mean as a HK lover it would be like saying which one of your kids is your Favorite, the doctor or the lawyer? You love them both. Sure they have their strong points and weak points but they are both great!!
 
Back
Top Bottom