• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harman Kardon 730 Rebuild Prep - Nichicon UKL's are obsolete, OK to use Panasonic EE's?

davefr

Active Member
I'm doing my homework and preparing an up to date Mouser BOM for an upcomming HK730 rebuild. Dlucy's 730 mega thread has suggested using Nichicon UKL low leakage caps which are NLA. Would Panasonic EE's be a decent choice for a substitute? I'm planning on replacing all electrolytics, will do the RIAA phono bd. mods, but unless there are issues I want to avoid replacing any transistors except for the 2CS1400's and 2SC1345's that are on the AK "**** list".

I'm planning to use Nichicon 5700UF/63V tab mount main rectifier caps. (1 step higher in both capacity and voltage)

Any other suggestions or lessons learned since the mega thread? TIA
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom