• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harman Kardon 930 dim bulb question

eX86

New Member
Hello everybody!

I´m working on a HK930. After replacing all the capacitors on preamp and poweramp, I turned the receiver on with a DBT. DBT goes bright and dims down as it should with a healthy unit. Now, when I hook it up with test speakers, DBT goes bright and stays bright. Output transistors are OK. With speakers not connected DBT acts normal and it sounds nice with headphones.

It shows 70mV and 50mV on speaker terminals with DBT.

I've read that some HK units can act weird with DBT and speakers.

Any experiences?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I'll put everything back together tomorrow and try to connect speakers AFTER receiver has settled and see how it acts then (should've done this before).
 
Back
Top Bottom