• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harman Kardon HK670 twin power help

RScott

Member
My HK670 just lost FM reception, I get nothing but am works. Any ideas from the genius in this forum? Not completely helpless I just need to know where to star looking? Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Rick HK (5) fanatic and Frazier nut (8 pair)+ more
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello RScott. Welcome to AK. Found the Owners and Service Manuals here. http://www.vintageshifi.com/repertoire-pdf/H-Kardon-3.php .Clean the SW2 selector switch. Check the muting circuit. Muting circuit has a pot to set level of action.
Link was great but I couldn't find receiver on list?
There are two different HK670's the twin power receiver and an integrated amp. HK670 shows up on list twice but both are for integrated amp which is different vintage. Why would they name them the same anyway. Loyal HK owner since mid 70's as a kid.I have 60's tube amp, HK395i bought new in 84, AVR 535 new in 2002, AVR635 new in 2005 and now just bought this HK670 twin power for garage. Need to find service manual or advice as to where to find the SW2 selector switch is? Or the muting circuit? Advice very much appreciated!
Rick
 
Hi there,
Funnily enough, I have the exact same problem with my HK430 and posted about it a few minutes ago, before seeing your post. It's not the same unit, but seen their age they might have related circuits. Let's keep each other posted?!
Cheers.
 
Back
Top Bottom