• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harman Kardon PA2400 deal - worth it?

dave_k

New Member
Hi,
i found a deal for Harman Kardon PA2400 for 200 euros shipped. The description is "found under the attic, switches on". From the photos it is *incredibly* dusty. I'll ask for more photos but it looks atleast optically in good condition. One other deal i found is this amp + harman kardon preamp for 1800 euros. I am able to recap (the TK caps in harman amps like to leak a lot) and adjust it, though i think it's not old enough (96/97) to be in a bad condition unless it's been abused.
Specs:
Výstřižek.PNG

What do you guys think? Is it worth it? If anything, does it have a resale value of atleast the 200 euros (250usd) ?
 
Register to hide this ad
Those are good amps I had it's little brother the PA2200, depending on it's condition it seems a little high. I have seen them go for less on Audiogon in great shape.
 
Those are good amps I had it's little brother the PA2200, depending on it's condition it seems a little high. I have seen them go for less on Audiogon in great shape.
Hmm, what would be the adequate price?
I've seen them go for around 400-700 euros.
I currently have HK6500, i dont need 200Wpch anyway, would that be a big upgrade in terms of sound?
 
$200 USD MAX, I sold a PA 2200, HK AP2500 and Citation tuner recently on barter town for around $150 as I recall which is what I paid for the stack on BT.
 
$200 USD MAX, I sold a PA 2200, HK AP2500 and Citation tuner recently on barter town for around $150 as I recall which is what I paid for the stack on BT.
Interesting. As i said, these ones go for 500 euros cheap, i've seen them go on auction sites for 800 euros as well. Btw, is the prestige series PA2400 vs PA2400 any difference?
 
Back
Top Bottom