• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harman Kardon vs Technics

Digiverse

Active Member
Hi All , i wish to ask for your most valuable opinion in regards to two amps that I am considering I can only afford one atm the choice is Harman Kardon PM 655 or Technics SU 3500 main source will be a Technics SL1400 I like the Technics as I can run two tables and a power amp I could not find the same, any, info on the Harman Kardon with those two points out of the way which would be the better sounding ? Thanks. Groovetube.
 
Register to hide this ad
The HK should sound better.
The HK has the preout/power in also
The HK will handle two turntables, one would need to be a low output moving coil cartridge, though.
The HK has more power, 60 vs. 43 wpc
 
Best sounding , IDK . I will warn you that the HK will more than likely need the ol' Deoxit treatment . HK's are well documented as having easily corroded switches and buttons . I think they are both fine pieces of equipment .
 
Hi Thanks guys, Blue Shadow if the Harman Kardon will only take low mc what about the Technics ? Thanks. Groovetube.
 
The HK will take one MM or HOMC cartridge and one LOMC for the two phono inputs. The Technics has two phono input, both for higher level of MM, etc.
 
Back
Top Bottom