• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harmon Kardon 330B

tubeboob

Super Member
Went to only one Estate Sale today, and picked up a decent condition Harmon Kardon 330B receiver for a paltry $5.00.

I know it is not a high power unit, but it sounds really good, almost tube like in its presentation.

Cleaned it up, and I realize that I have to deoxit the innards, and gold deoxit afterwards.

Thing looks so vintage cool.

Any opinions on this flea watt unit??

Cheers
 
Register to hide this ad
Search and you will find almost everyone agrees with you a great sounding 15-20 wpc unit, depending on the 330, 330a, 330b, 330c.
 
I also have a 330B. It's an excellent unit, and once again proves that you don't need a zillion watts to make excellent sound.

Mine was acquired in a trade for some unused speakers (and a second-round draft choice:D), so I guess I technically paid less than you did!
 
Nice find.
Truly a classic little receiver.
I just cleaned one up a couple nights ago.

Well built unit for the mini watt class.
Love the solid aluminum knobs and
looks so right with that green dial.

Sweet sounding too............
 
Here are some pics of my 330C. I actually fell in love with it because of the way the black face lights up when it's on, but ultimately I've found it to be a great combo with my Dynaco A25 speakers. It's more of a subtle setup, but you can get great tone without having to rip the volume (like with those HPM100's in the last pic!)

picture.php


picture.php


Setup back in Dec with the HK330 driving the Dynacos
picture.php
 
Back
Top Bottom