PioneerPro
Active Member
I am working on yet another CD 401 with the bad leaky capacitors. I have replaced all the capacitors and I'm not going to lie, it was challenging and I had to do a lot of fancy soldering because of all the disintegrated traces and missing eyelets.
All was working just fine with good sound and still is but one of my motors is not working. Ironically the board that the secondary FF-RW motor connects to had a crack in it and again I had to do some pretty fancy soldering as you will see in the second photo below. I just redid the whole board again and installed one new cap in place of one that looked a little puckered. In the 3rd and 4th pics you can see I totally cleaned up the board and installed new solid wire jumpers on the back side this time. While I have everything apart I tested the motor with 12 VDC and runs just fine so we know the motor is good and as I stated before it was working fine.
When I play a tape the sound is there and the capstan motor is working just fine but the take up reel side of the cassette is not winding. Also as you guessed Fast Forward and Rewind are not working. Both switches that tell the deck that there is a cassette tape in the drawer are working just fine. Both of the Zeners look good and are reading the exact same and the resistor looks great too.
Any ideas what is preventing the FF-RWD motor from receiving power?
All was working just fine with good sound and still is but one of my motors is not working. Ironically the board that the secondary FF-RW motor connects to had a crack in it and again I had to do some pretty fancy soldering as you will see in the second photo below. I just redid the whole board again and installed one new cap in place of one that looked a little puckered. In the 3rd and 4th pics you can see I totally cleaned up the board and installed new solid wire jumpers on the back side this time. While I have everything apart I tested the motor with 12 VDC and runs just fine so we know the motor is good and as I stated before it was working fine.
When I play a tape the sound is there and the capstan motor is working just fine but the take up reel side of the cassette is not winding. Also as you guessed Fast Forward and Rewind are not working. Both switches that tell the deck that there is a cassette tape in the drawer are working just fine. Both of the Zeners look good and are reading the exact same and the resistor looks great too.
Any ideas what is preventing the FF-RWD motor from receiving power?