• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harmon Kardon PM665 noise problem - pls hlp

ccsad5

New Member
I have just joined AK and was hoping someone might offer some advise on a problem I have with my HK PM665, Intermittently it pushes 45V DC into left speakers, bump the amp, play with balance or bass and sometimes goes away but is now a problem most of the time rather than at first when it was only rarely. Any ideas on what I can do to track the problem, I took out the balance pot alltogether but problem persisted. (oops title misspelt - Harman Kardon)
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
If it puts 45vdc into ONLY your left speaker, then the problem is in the power amplifier section, not in the preamp.

My experience with these is that transistors in the power amp tear loose from their solder pads due to repeated expansion and contraction from heat. Discharge your main power supply electrolytics, and then resolder all the driver and pre-driver transistors in the power amps.

Best,

Fred
 
Back
Top Bottom