• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harms Labs Small Sub Help

coltaco38

New Member
Hello,

I recently came into possession of a set of Harms Labs speaker cabinets/drivers. My question is in regards to the small sub I have. The speaker consists of a driver and a passive radiator below it. The back of the cab has two sets of 4 terminals. Each set consists of a hot, a ground, and two outs (as well as a 2 amp fuse). Can anyone help me figure out how to hook this up properly to my receiver? I have a Denon AVR-1312. Pics below:

IMG-3916.jpg
It's the speaker on the left
IMG-3920.jpg
Back side
IMG-3919.jpg
Close-up
IMG-3937.jpg
Inside, behind passive radiator
IMG-3939.jpg
Inside, behind driver
 
Register to hide this ad
@coltaco38 Why don't you call the company in Ft Collins, CO as they are still in business. Steve may even still be around there. I used to go by their place back in the early to mid 80's as my dad and stepmother lived in Ft Collins and had an advertising company there. They built him some HUGE speakers back in the mid 80's when they'd bought a big a$$ house close to the foothills. Man, I wish he would have kept those.

https://harmslabs.com/

(970) 224-4128
 
I wish I could have kept the house I bought (in Ft. Collins) in the early '90's. It's now worth 4x what I paid for it. :yikes:

No doubt. When my dad moved to Ft Collins from Dallas in the mid 80's, they bought a house out in the Terry Shores area (I think?) on the north end of town where Hwy 287 splits with Hwy 1. Sold that when the company took off and bought a house on 35 acres overlooking the south end of Horsetooth Reservoir. I just looked up to see that place last sold this April for close to $1.6 million. Sheesh. Beautiful area.
 
Have had several Harms Labs speakers but never seen the sub. If the sub driver has four terminals, then it's a dual voice coil driver. If that's the case, then hook the Denon speaker outputs to the "IN" terminals (Hot = positive) and the sub out terminals to the satellites (Harms Labs model II's?)
 
Back
Top Bottom