• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hartley Zodiac 1A's - Mods - Rebuild?

gregmcm

Active Member
I have a pair of these speakers with good cabinets that I love the look of. Only one original driver as the other driver was replaced with a no name 10" and the two tweeters are also no name replacements. Does anyone have any experience rebuilding/moding these speakers and could offer some suggestions that wouldn't break the bank and yield a nice sounding pair of speakers?

I'm wondering if I could end up with a nice warm full sound that would be suitable for some easy listening. I have a couple of 75 to 100 watt receivers that would be used with these if I could make this work. In terms of what I'm used to I have been listening to some JBL L1's and Tannoy C8's and I'm guessing a 10" woofer in an acoustic suspension box could yield a warmer bass sound.
 
Register to hide this ad
The original tweeters are probably Philips AD 0160. They should have a coil in parallel with a 12uF cap in series, though I don't have the equipment to give the specs off of my coil. No filter on the woofers. For woofers and other information try emailing audiolab@aol.com, which is the email listed on the Hartley website. They still make woofers, though I have no idea if any current model is equivalent to yours or how much they might cost.
Pictures?
 
Back
Top Bottom