• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Has anybody been able to find or make a push button bezel?

John.Brady1

New Member
I recently purchased a MX113 sans bezel. It's really nice. No rust new glass etc. But no bezel. I could probably do without. When lit it looks OK. But having a bezel would be a plus. Contacted Audio Classics but no luck and no listings anywhere.
 
Register to hide this ad
I believe I have seen the pushbutton bezels on ebay in the past. In fact, a seller in Florida had a few custom made for his MX-113. Do an "advanced search" for "McIntosh MX113 MX115 Pushbutton Bezel replacement" and you'll see it. (August 15, 2020 sale date at $71). Perhaps you can contact that seller who had them made locally to see if he/you could have more made. Not an exact copy (font) but they do look really good! I believe the Korean seller who makes some McIntosh-type decals for McIntosh transformers may have also offered bezel copies a year or so ago ("meblueheaven"). There is also a seller in Lincoln, Nebraska who sells similar transformer decals ("sign--shop"). You might want to contact both to inquire if they can do the pushbutton bezels, too. Good luck and let us know if you have success!
 
Last edited:
I to have a Mx113 that had a missing bezel and looked for years to find one but a took it audio classic for repair and they replaced the bezel with a mx112 I believe that what is was and the only difference is that on the last button on the 113 bezel it reads select and the 112 says loud but other than that it's a perfect fit
 
I to have a Mx113 that had a missing bezel and looked for years to find one but a took it audio classic for repair and they replaced the bezel with a mx112 I believe that what is was and the only difference is that on the last button on the 113 bezel it reads select and the 112 says loud but other than that it's a perfect fit

You’re talking about the insert and not the bezel itself correct?
 
You’re talking about the insert and not the bezel itself correct?
Preamps like the C32 have a plastic bezel with a separate screened insert. The MX113, etc. just have a printed aluminum bezel with a peel off adhesive backing. If the unit gets new glass the bezel is usually glued on. Terry Dewick suggested "Amazing Goop."
 
  • Like
Reactions: MRG
This is the one Audio Classics put on for me
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20201105_195212418.jpg
    IMG_20201105_195212418.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 102
I had some repro bezels made to replace the faded out one I had on mine. I sold one on ebay and used the other one. I had some messages from other ebayers asking for more so I had a couple more made. These are twice as thick than stock and are engraved rather than silkscreened but they look good. I'd love to get some other faded or damaged Mcintosh bezels to make repros for those as well. The font is slightly different and the letter spacing is slightly closer than stock but the result is pretty good. I have one up there now. 113bez.jpg
 
RPGTO is the gentleman in Florida I was referring to in the first response to the OP's initial post. Glad to see you here! However, the OP (John.Brady1) hasn't answered or responded to anyone's posts since his initial post. Hopefully he'll see RPGTO's post which will solve his issue. By the way, I think your reproduced bezels look great!
 
  • Like
Reactions: MRG
Thanks for the kind complement. When I rebuilt my ARC D100B amp the original front panel was bent so I had a thicker replacement machined without rack mounting or handles (sorry but too 1980s to me) and black anodized with lettering etched. I always disliked the faded brown bezel my MX113 had so when I recapped it I wanted the full effect of that beautiful front panel so I drew up and did the bezel with the same machining service.
 
Thanks for the kind complement. When I rebuilt my ARC D100B amp the original front panel was bent so I had a thicker replacement machined without rack mounting or handles (sorry but too 1980s to me) and black anodized with lettering etched. I always disliked the faded brown bezel my MX113 had so when I recapped it I wanted the full effect of that beautiful front panel so I drew up and did the bezel with the same machining service.
Can you send me a picture of the bezel you made and i think i can get one made where i live. i just picked up a 113 and same thing, no bezel and it just detracts from the beautiful work of a Mac. BTW great taste. I just picked up a 100b and a D52. Both just got serviced and im waiting on the 113 to arrive. Thanks
 
RPGTO put the push button bezel on eBay (2 of them) and I got one and it's as he described. It's a little different from the original in that it isn't so brownish red . I think it looks more like the ones that came later. It looks good. You do need a bezel otherwise it's kind of blank.
 
I like the one he made. I found a place in my town that can do the same thing but need the dimensions for the bezel. Im going to make a dozen and then list them on my ebay site
oldschoolaudiophile if anyone else is in need. Thanks the reply.
 
They cost me about $39 each to have made at an online vendor and subtracting ebay, paypal, and shipping fees I made about $5 at the last price I sold one. MRG - if you can make them cheaper and as good/better, that would be great. I only did it initially because I wanted a new one for my MX113.

By the way, I haven't owned a lot of Mcintosh stuff and just bought a new glass from Mcintosh for my newly purchased C28 project. The pushbutton bezel was included and the color of the lettering and frame has a gold tint to it. Is this the way they all started for the preamps and preamp/tuners?
 
  • Like
Reactions: MRG
There is a guy on ebay who is making all kinds of logo badges for many different brands of speakers. He is audiotagsiowa. I made a homemade version of the ESS Heil Elite but had no logo badge for it. This guy found an image if it, whipped it up, and had it on ebay in about 1 day. Of course I bought a pair and they look great and its virtually indistinguishable from the original.
I might think if you send him good images for the bezel, he can do the same with that. Looks like its printed on brass plate like with my C26 and C28.
 
They cost me about $39 each to have made at an online vendor and subtracting ebay, paypal, and shipping fees I made about $5 at the last price I sold one. MRG - if you can make them cheaper and as good/better, that would be great. I only did it initially because I wanted a new one for my MX113.

By the way, I haven't owned a lot of Mcintosh stuff and just bought a new glass from Mcintosh for my newly purchased C28 project. The pushbutton bezel was included and the color of the lettering and frame has a gold tint to it. Is this the way they all started for the preamps and preamp/tuners?
 
RPGTO- I hope you own a GTO ;) ... so I went into a trophy shop that does engraving. What I am wondering is if this is a decal? Or an actual bezel plate of sorts? If not I can go to my guy that wraps cars and I can have them made out of that kind of material. I don't notice anything raised on the bezel decal. If the trophy shop does them it's out of plastic that has some thickness to it. I want to get it right and then offer them to the masses of people trying to find these things. He can't do thin aluminum. Which is what I was assuming they were made of.

jcidave-thanks for the pointer to your guy that made your logos. I'll hit him up too.
 
Back
Top Bottom