• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Have you ever planned a vacation around record stores?

Hell yes I plan trips around record stores!

Specifically when I have a trip to Chicago. There's so many great places there that I generally have to pick & choose which ones to visit & which to skip.

All three of the Reckless locations
Dave's Records
Second Hand Tunes in Evanston
Dr. Wax, again, multiple locations
Laurie's Planet Of Sound
Permanent Records, an excellent newer store with plenty of obscure stuff that's not so easy to find, especially if you're stuck in a rural area like mid-MO
Jazz Record Mart

I'm sure there's probably a dozen others there I haven't been to or can't think of.
 
Not yet :D

If anyone is in The St. Louis area we have two really nice shops for sure, one that used to be very nice but is more into cd's and dvd's these days and one out in St. Charles that always was a treasure but I have not been there for a few years.

The Record Exchange is an old city library converted to a record shop that also sells vintage gear(although the prices are a bit steep on the gear). They have a massive amount of records and an entire room dedicated to 45's if you're into them.


Euclid Records has become my favorite for selection, price and LP condition

Vintage Vinyl used to be tops around here but they are now more interested in CD's and DVD's than vinyl. I bet they change back w/ the new found intrest in vinyl that the younger kids have.

Record Exchange is pretty cool though I tend to find the inventory stagnates at times, I still try to get to it.

Euclid is excellent, nuff said.

Vintage Vinyl's Delmar loop location is one I never miss. I've never really noticed DVDs or CDs taking over, but then again, I've only started going there in the last three years or so.

Apop is a great place on Cherokee Street in the south city if you're into really out there unique music. They used to be in Columbia until they discovered there's only so much of a market for non-mainstream stuff in a small college town.... I've found that their hours have become a bit erratic since the move to St. Louis so a call ahead would be advised if you plan specifically to take a trip there.
 
Can't say I ever planned around a record store.

I am nuts about music, but I can't imagine dragging the family into the record store after driving hours in the car.

They would probably kill me.
 
Back
Top Bottom