• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Heathkit AA-201, Help with speaker connection

1JGP1

Member
Ok, I feel silly. BUT dam! This is greek to me.

The rear (on the left side looking at rear) has a COMM. terminal and a 4,8,16 terminal. Seems easy, hook the neg to the COMM. and the positive to the 8.

Here's the kicker (hopefully you vintage guys can help)
The opposite side has a impedance selector I guess (a lead that connects to either 4,8,16) that is currently on the 8 terminal; but then no (what I believe) to be a positive or common on that side!

It is a stereo amp, ...

should I connect the speaker lead (pos) to the jumper impedance selector, and the negative to one of the two unmarked terminals?

Help if you can.heath left.jpg

heath right.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
The one with the wire connected to the 8 terminal goes to a socket into which you can plug a speaker. Saves the trouble of using a tool if you want to plug in various speakers.
 
The side with the impedence selector plus the neg and positive terminals probably is wired to a speaker phase reversal switch. When you flip the switch, positve and negative swap on that side only. I've seen this with other systems, like Fisher TA-600.

So hook the left rear side like you said, to comm and 8. Set the jumper on the 8 terminal on the other side and hook the speaker to postive and negative. If the bass is diminished, try flipping the phase switch.
 
Back
Top Bottom