• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Heathkit AR-1500 volume pot. Compatibility with other Heathkit units?

akmfg

New Member
Hi, all.

I've got a Heathkit AR-1500 with a bad volume pot. It is a dual 25k ohm with center tap, Heathkit part number 12-112.

I've been unable to source a replacement.

There seem to be some dual volume pots available from some old AA-22 units, and perhaps some other Heathkit units as well, but I'm not sure which of the old Heathkits used pots that would be compatible (electrically and dimensionally) with my AR-1500.

I'd be grateful for any ideas you can offer.

Thanks!

-Matt
 
Register to hide this ad
Total resistance of a volume pot is not critical. The tap is for the loudness circuit. The AR-15 also uses a 25K pot but mechanical design might be the biggest issue.
 
I have the same issue with one of my AA-2010 quad amplifiers and I am in the process of attempting a repair of the broken right channel resistance element but I also bought one of these as it appears the elements are physically the same as the ones in my volume control although I haven't removed one yet to verify.


Doug
 
Sometimes control boards are found on ebay, these contain the four main pots used by both the AR-1500, as well as the AR-1500A.
 
Back
Top Bottom