Hi Folks,
Recently, a freind gave me some boxes of tubes along with a tube tester. It's a Heathkit TC-1, works great, I really like it.
I was looking through one of the boxes tonight and found another Heathkit tube tester UNDER all the tubes. This one is a TC-2, which looks identical.
I opened it up and there were 3-4 carbon comp resistors loose in the bottom on the case, never installed. Almost like he never finished assembling it. They are 2W resistors. Sure enough, there was an assembly manual but only for the TC-1.
I did power the TC-2 up, it seemed to work. I flipped 3 of the 4 levers needed to test the tube I was experimenting with and the pilot light dimmed and the tube would not test.
Anyway, this is a very long winded post to ask if anyone has, or knows where I can get a copy of the assembly manual for the TC-2? Also,does anyone know the difference in the two models? I could just open them both up side by side and look to see if he finished it.
Edited to say that I just found the schematic. That should help!
Thanks,
Tom
Recently, a freind gave me some boxes of tubes along with a tube tester. It's a Heathkit TC-1, works great, I really like it.
I was looking through one of the boxes tonight and found another Heathkit tube tester UNDER all the tubes. This one is a TC-2, which looks identical.
I opened it up and there were 3-4 carbon comp resistors loose in the bottom on the case, never installed. Almost like he never finished assembling it. They are 2W resistors. Sure enough, there was an assembly manual but only for the TC-1.
I did power the TC-2 up, it seemed to work. I flipped 3 of the 4 levers needed to test the tube I was experimenting with and the pilot light dimmed and the tube would not test.
Anyway, this is a very long winded post to ask if anyone has, or knows where I can get a copy of the assembly manual for the TC-2? Also,does anyone know the difference in the two models? I could just open them both up side by side and look to see if he finished it.
Edited to say that I just found the schematic. That should help!
Thanks,
Tom
Last edited: