• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hell’s Angels Plotted to Kill Mick Jagger

shacky

Addicted Member
Saw this news item:

Hell’s Angels Plotted to Kill Mick Jagger, Agent Says
By Mike Nizza

Mick Jagger (Photo: Rich Schmitt/Agence France-Presse — Getty Image)
The death of Meredith Hunter, an 18-year-old black man who clashed with members of the Hell’s Angels motorcycle gang guarding a rock-concert stage while The Rolling Stones played “Under My Thumb,” spelled the end of the cultural phenomenon that was the 1960’s, according to many observers. But it also led to an assassination plot against Mick Jagger, according to a former F.B.I. agent who is featured in an upcoming BBC report.

In the aftermath of the ugly incident at the Altamont Speedway in California, which was famously captured on film by documentary filmmakers Albert and David Maysles, the Stones did not use the Hell’s Angels for security again, and did not support them in the finger-pointing that followed Mr. Hunter’s death. A group of the bikers were evidently outraged enough to want to kill Mr. Jagger, so they set out for his vacation home in the Hamptons, according to Mark Young, the former F.B.I. agent.

“A group of them took a boat, and were all tooled up and planned to attack him from the sea,” Tom Mangold, the host of the BBC program featuring Mr. Young, told The Sunday Telegraph. “They planned the attack from the sea so they could enter his property from the garden and avoid security at the front.”

Fortunately, it turned out that the tough guys on land had shaky sea legs, a poor weather eye and not much persistence. “The boat was hit by a storm, and all of the men were thrown overboard,” Mr. Mangold said. “All survived, and there was not said to have been any further attempt on Jagger’s life.”

Mr. Jagger has not commented on the story, which apparently would have been news to him as well: The F.B.I. never told him about the episode, according to The Telegraph.

Had the biker’s alleged mission succeeded, yet another devastating assassination would have been added to a bloody era, and all over a death that was never found to have been a crime.

The police investigation into the death of Mr. Hunter at the concert was said to be active as recently as 2005, when officials in California finally dismissed theories that a second person had stabbed him. The first, Alan Passaro, was acquitted of murder charges in the 1970’s by a jury that decided he had acted in self-defense after Mr. Hunter drew a gun.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hell's Angels and security somehow don't make sense to me but then again I am and always have been drug and booze free.
 
What's next?

A "news" story that the Hell's Angels wanted to kill Hunter S. Thompson?

We've known this for close to 40 years.
 
Did my post get yanked? In what way did I offend The Masters?

Upon further reflection , I think I know what the issue was. My bad. I didn't realize it was a secret.
 
What's next?

A "news" story that the Hell's Angels wanted to kill Hunter S. Thompson?

We've known this for close to 40 years.

Exactly!!
My wife sent me a link on it last night and I was wondering why until I saw it on HLN today at work. Anybody who saw the documentary "Gimmee Shelter" could tell by the looks Mick was getting that the Angels wanted to kick his ass more than the crowds.......:dunno:
 
The part I most remember was when Marty Balin got into it and they kicked his ass. That's gotta stick with you.

The Meredith Hunter thing never really upset me that much, at least after you seperate the fact someone died. From the appearance of the footage he pulled a pretty decent-size revolver on the Angels.
 
The part I most remember was when Marty Balin got into it and they kicked his ass. That's gotta stick with you.

The Meredith Hunter thing never really upset me that much, at least after you seperate the fact someone died. From the appearance of the footage he pulled a pretty decent-size revolver on the Angels.

Who knows the whole story?
Maybe Meredith Hunter was only trying to protect himself.
I know I wouldn't want to be a black guy with a bunch of out-of-their-heads Angels around.
I'm sure if he had it to do all over again, he'd have picked something else to do that day. :yes:
 
I'm waiting for the movie version with Will Ferrell. The image of those rollicking bumbling Hell's Angels attacking by sea! Perfect Hollywood fodder! :lmao:
 
That is from a Rush album... Permanent Waves. She is a Donna Reed look a like.

I just don't see it. But I did read it...
Donna's underwear probably didn't look like that, either!
Anybody think the Rush gal looks like this?
reed_donna.jpg
 
Looks pretty similar to me. I had looked for that a long time ago trying to find out who the girl was.. I knew Donna probably won't do a undie shot like that... Kinda looks like her to me..
 
“They planned the attack from the sea so they could enter his property from the garden and avoid security at the front.”

Fortunately for Mick, the Harley bikes proved difficult to control in the water.


:D


Snade
 
Hell's Angels and security somehow don't make sense to me but then again I am and always have been drug and booze free.

I don't hit the booze like I used to and drug free here as well... and I agree... Hell's Angels and security somehow don't add up.
 
I don't hit the booze like I used to and drug free here as well... and I agree... Hell's Angels and security somehow don't add up.


I guess you haven't ever walked over to check out their bikes when they have them parked.. some of the touchiest security I've ever seen.. They will usually have at least two prostpects watching over them, and prospects can be the most gung ho..
 
I guess you haven't ever walked over to check out their bikes when they have them parked.. some of the touchiest security I've ever seen.. They will usually have at least two prostpects watching over them, and prospects can be the most gung ho..

You have a point there, however (aside from not having interewst in bikes or bikers), that is their own property they are keeping watch on, not some drunk high hippy.
 
I don't hit the booze like I used to and drug free here as well... and I agree... Hell's Angels and security somehow don't add up.

Even Keith said they were worse than cops.
They (whoever thought it would be a good idea) thought they'd be more like the English Hell's Angels, who must've been more polite.
icon7.gif
 
Back
Top Bottom