• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello from Alexandria!

Hello AK Forumites. Nubies from Alexandria, Virginia here that has been lurking awhile. Thanks to knowledgable experts I have chose to acquired a restored Marantz 2245, Marantz hd55, new old stock Advent 1s. Also have a pair of Ar2ax having woofers reconed that will driven by a just acquired Pioneer sx850. All in the last two months, so i have fallen hard for the vintage bug.

I am sure I am like many reliving their adolescence with equipment that I could not afford back then. The things is this stuff sounds so good I do not know why I did not jump down tbis rabbit hole sooner.

Again thank you all for your expertise and amusing posts. See you around,
Todd

Welcome from SE Wisconsin!

You have 2 receivers and 3 sets of speakers. Are you hoarding them or just "testing" them, or do you have different setups in different parts of the house? There's something about the guys who are into the vintage stuff; they just keep buying more, but never really settle on anything...
 
Welcome from SE Wisconsin!

You have 2 receivers and 3 sets of speakers. Are you hoarding them or just "testing" them, or do you have different setups in different parts of the house? There's something about the guys who are into the vintage stuff; they just keep buying more, but never really settle on anything...

Actually I now have 3 recievers. Just bought a really nice Akaii 1150, a fourth if you count my Yamaha rx385 running my surround sound for my entertainment .

I run the marantz hd40 with the 2245 in the living room. Its very warm and musical, jazz, blues, 60s 70s, classical. Tom Pettys Buried Treasure sounds amzing on it.

The Pioneer sx850 is in the music room. Its my R and R setup with my many vintage amps, effects and guitars so I guess I am a bit of a hoarder.

I just took the sx850 in for service so the Akaii 1150 is my backup but it sounds really nice with the small advents.

The AR2ax's are a project. I sent the woofer out to re voiced and reconed. Hope to enjoy them the soon either stacked with advents or in rotation.

Wheh allot of explaining

But you did ask...
 

Attachments

  • 20230123_073519.jpg
    20230123_073519.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230121_121752.jpg
    20230121_121752.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom