• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello from Australia ~ !

Stay Puft

New Member
Hello everyone I'm Simon from Australia, I have always been interested in audio & electronics however until recently couldn't devote the time to look into it.

I am only a hobbyist but I'm really intrigued to learn, and I hope in time I can also contribute and help others.
My profession is in marketing & design, so perhaps I can assist others with graphics etc...

What sparked my interest was a gramophone & a portable HMV monaco, I have since acquired a quad system that is my current project :)
 
Register to hide this ad
Thank you all, looking forward to learning from you all. It seems like a really positive community here.
Have to exercise self control so that this hobby doesn't turn into audio equipment up to the ceiling, & I end up on "hoarders".... :jump:
 
Welcome Simon. I don't think you have to worry about getting on "Hoarders". Most of us here have already been lined up for the show so you probably couldn't get on there until the 40 or 50th season. :D
 
Welcome m'8 to the AK site.

Another DU'er aboard the ship with others who have joined as of late.

Glad you have the time and intention to enter into the world of Vint. I see where you have "Quad"...is that as in Brit "Quad"? Got me a 33&405 which doesn't get much better, right?:)

Take time for a Fosters and have great listening,:music:

Q
 
Welcome m'8 to the AK site.

Another DU'er aboard the ship with others who have joined as of late.

Glad you have the time and intention to enter into the world of Vint. I see where you have "Quad"...is that as in Brit "Quad"? Got me a 33&405 which doesn't get much better, right?:)

Take time for a Fosters and have great listening,:music:

Q

Quadman2 - It's actually surprisingly hard to find Fosters locally in Australia, you won't see it in most pubs. These days the most popular brew seem to be various types of Ales, Pale Ale & Amber Ale being the most popular among the general public, great craft breweries everywhere, more beer, Happy Days ;)
 
Quadman2 - It's actually surprisingly hard to find Fosters locally in Australia, you won't see it in most pubs. These days the most popular brew seem to be various types of Ales, Pale Ale & Amber Ale being the most popular among the general public, great craft breweries everywhere, more beer, Happy Days ;)

Had heard this rumour, but thought it was just that about "Fosters".

What about yer "Quad"gear m'8? Is it the orig made in UK?

Q
 
Had heard this rumour, but thought it was just that about "Fosters".

What about yer "Quad"gear m'8? Is it the orig made in UK?

Q

Hi Q, apologies should've been more clear. It's a quadraphonic stereo, Sanyo receiver & turntable with 4 speakers.... well it's suppose to but right now only 1 channel is working, which is really clear and no cracking or humming of any kind.

Trying to do research here but the information is just too much. If you can point me in the right section that would be awesome.
On the other hand, I have an orig UK made Elwell 4 1/2 pound vintage AXE though I can use to smash it to a million pieces if required... haha :)
 
Back
Top Bottom