I have dropped in here as an observer for many months, but only recently did I register. World War II was still running when I first drew breath, so I am probably one of the older members here.
Over the last decade I have become interested in quality sound and have spent some time and a little money repairing and expanding a set of components I inherited from my father. He was a symphony musician and Professor of Music, and before retiring completely put together in the late '70s/early '80s a system that would let him listen with pleasure to the music he enjoyed most -- primarily classical and jazz. Most of the components were Sony Pre-Esprit, and I expanded it with other Pre-Esprit pieces as well as a slightly later Esprit Parametric Equalizer. His speakers got away, so I bought some modern Klipsch towers and some auxiliary speakers to handle the output from the stack. Verdict: everything sounds great.
Just saying hello here. I'll post a fuller description of the system with pics over in the Members' Systems section.
Looking forward to reading and learning from you all, and maybe even saying something if it seems like it would be relevant.
Over the last decade I have become interested in quality sound and have spent some time and a little money repairing and expanding a set of components I inherited from my father. He was a symphony musician and Professor of Music, and before retiring completely put together in the late '70s/early '80s a system that would let him listen with pleasure to the music he enjoyed most -- primarily classical and jazz. Most of the components were Sony Pre-Esprit, and I expanded it with other Pre-Esprit pieces as well as a slightly later Esprit Parametric Equalizer. His speakers got away, so I bought some modern Klipsch towers and some auxiliary speakers to handle the output from the stack. Verdict: everything sounds great.
Just saying hello here. I'll post a fuller description of the system with pics over in the Members' Systems section.
Looking forward to reading and learning from you all, and maybe even saying something if it seems like it would be relevant.
