• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello from Chicago

philthympc

New Member
Hello!

Restarting my HiFi journey. I’ve had an NAD 3140 for years with some little cheap Polks for about 12 years... it sounded fine, but I started craving more recently and have started down the rabbit hole.

I’ve ended up with a Marantz 2230 and some Klipsch KG3.2. Threw an AT-VM95ML on my table and got a little Schiit Modi 3. Things are glorious.
 

Attachments

  • 841D485D-58EF-44BB-862C-FDF9F754B6E6.jpeg
    841D485D-58EF-44BB-862C-FDF9F754B6E6.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 22
Register to hide this ad
Hello and welcome to Audiokarma.org

I see the NAB reel adapters...where's the R2R?

It’s in the shop... Teac A-3340s. Got it for free. Those pesky Simul Sync switches needed to be fully disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt. The 5220 cassette deck goes in next for some maintenance.
 
It’s in the shop... Teac A-3340s. Got it for free. Those pesky Simul Sync switches needed to be fully disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt. The 5220 cassette deck goes in next for some maintenance.
 

Attachments

  • 31F882EE-BF62-4F49-8BFF-A6EFCA78AE9B.jpeg
    31F882EE-BF62-4F49-8BFF-A6EFCA78AE9B.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to AK!

If you want to try a receiver from Chicago you might consider an old top of the line Sherwood.
Sherwood-S-7900A-Stereo-Receiver-Chicagoan-with-Clout.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom