AreBee1969
Active Member
Over the last few weeks I've been researching parts/repairs for my old Kenwood turntable and AK kept coming up. So I figured since I keep coming back here, maybe I should join
I've been a vinyl guy since I was a pre-teenager thanks to my Dad who was a HiFi junkie. He set me up with Lafayette separates and a Garrard Turntable and some monster second-hand Jensen speakers and I was on my way. I jumped on the CD bandwagon, in earnest, in the early '80s and found myself quickly buying CDs of all my favorite albums. I still played vinyl, but CDs took over. Since then I’ve been all over the audio map. I put together a modest living room Home Theater and got into HDTV back in 2001. I jumped into DVD-Audio and later into Blu-Ray based 5.1 music and kept buying CDs.
About 7 years ago I bought a collection of over 250 albums and over 100 45s from a friend's uncle who didn't want to move them to North Carolina. Some in bad shape, some in good shape, some I'll never listen to, and some that are just fantastic records. I put them together with my records and dusted off an old Kenwood KD-5100. I hooked it up to a retired Harmon Kardon Pro Logic Receiver and began enjoying vinyl again. A new job gave me more time to relax and listen and now I'm back to buying vinyl versions of all my favorite CDs!
A few months back I saw that it was time for a new cartridge and time to fix the many ailments the turntable had. I was struggling with finding parts and a shop to repair it, so, on Saturday I bought a vintage Revox B795 at a local shop and I'm really excited to play vinyl at a level I haven't known! As I mentioned before, my set up consists of mostly retired components and I'm looking to begin upgrading to give the Revox some worthy acquaintances.
Looking forward to becoming an active part of this knowledgeable community!
I've been a vinyl guy since I was a pre-teenager thanks to my Dad who was a HiFi junkie. He set me up with Lafayette separates and a Garrard Turntable and some monster second-hand Jensen speakers and I was on my way. I jumped on the CD bandwagon, in earnest, in the early '80s and found myself quickly buying CDs of all my favorite albums. I still played vinyl, but CDs took over. Since then I’ve been all over the audio map. I put together a modest living room Home Theater and got into HDTV back in 2001. I jumped into DVD-Audio and later into Blu-Ray based 5.1 music and kept buying CDs.
About 7 years ago I bought a collection of over 250 albums and over 100 45s from a friend's uncle who didn't want to move them to North Carolina. Some in bad shape, some in good shape, some I'll never listen to, and some that are just fantastic records. I put them together with my records and dusted off an old Kenwood KD-5100. I hooked it up to a retired Harmon Kardon Pro Logic Receiver and began enjoying vinyl again. A new job gave me more time to relax and listen and now I'm back to buying vinyl versions of all my favorite CDs!
A few months back I saw that it was time for a new cartridge and time to fix the many ailments the turntable had. I was struggling with finding parts and a shop to repair it, so, on Saturday I bought a vintage Revox B795 at a local shop and I'm really excited to play vinyl at a level I haven't known! As I mentioned before, my set up consists of mostly retired components and I'm looking to begin upgrading to give the Revox some worthy acquaintances.
Looking forward to becoming an active part of this knowledgeable community!
