• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello from idaho!

Chammycaps28

New Member
chammy here. Longtime lurker, but I've
recently decided to join and actually ask for help on some repairs that are a bit over my head, and hopefully help others like you guys have helped me in the past! I have came up with some pretty creative repairs, so I may be of use to you all just yet haha. I've been doing audio repairs as a hobby for 10 years self taught and I've repaired and restored turntables professionally for 5 years. Restoration of all aspects is one of my specialties, whether it be cars, tools, electronics, motors or machinery. It's good to finally be a member on here
 
Register to hide this ad
Alright powerman since you requested her are some pics
this my main system that I restored piece by piece
Here is a set of klipsch Cornwallis that required 75 veneer patches, wood bleaching, wood aging, dinish matching, crossover rebuild, a new woofer, tweeter rebuilds and new batting.

A duall 1228 that I completely disassembled, rebuilt, refinished, and restored the dust cover.

a pair of klh model 6's that were 2 different colors, one was light Korena and the other was a dark mahogany, I darkened one and lightened the other, and retained the original grill clothes. Along with crossover rebuilds and some veneer work on the front.

An empire 598 troubadour mkII that came to me in pieces with a jammed motor that required a rebuild, refinish, and part fabrication.

this a pioneer sx 1250 that had the futton plate and buttons destroyed by heat and the previous owner used a coat hanger to push the buttons in....... I disassembled the faceplate, removed the glass and block sanded it in progressive grits until, I got a grit tat matched the original brushed aluminum cut, then I mounted the buttons on a homemade attachment on my drill press and re machined the buttons back to their original condition.
And finally a bang and olufsen stereo system that I picked up from a stereo system that was non working and scratched and waterstained to death. That I restored the best I could.
 
Back
Top Bottom