• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello from Mt Pocono PA

Brixton

New Member
Hello AK members! My name is Brixton and I'm addicted to audio gear. :) haha...

I attended the Institute of Audio Research (about 27 years ago) and since then I've been building my own recording studio and hifi collection.

Recently, I got into collecting and restoring vintage speakers and let me just say what an absolute wealth of info AudioKarma has provided me. Figured it was time to join!

Currently working on restoring a pair of Boston Acoustics A60's as well as a set of Genesis Model III.

Hoping to get my hands on a Marantz 2230 soon, thinking it'll be a fun pairing for the A60.

Anyway, thanks for having me!
Cheers!
1000017041.jpg1000017037.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to the Land of Sound...AK.

Happy to hear that
this audio site has helped you
in your "speaker restorations". :thumbsup:

From joining to helping
you will be... in the
near future!

Q
 
Welcome to AK! Those Boston Acoustics will be nice sounding speakers once you get them done.
Thanks gizzy, I'm kind of going into this one blind. Never heard the A60's before. Certainly read a lot about them. Local guy had them for $75 and the cabinets/covers are near mint after a cleaning and polishing. Hoping that after fixing the woofers I'll have a working pair and it'll have cost a total of about $95. I feel like that's money well spent. :)
 
Welcome Brixton, love those Model III's. Always wanted a set.
Hey Mr. Heatsink, thanks! I can't tell you how freaking lucky I got when I bumped into the Model III's. Local person posted online for $200! I offered $175 and they actually accepted.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like I got a great deal - as these speakers are heaven. Those tweeters man! Its epic silky smooth goodness that makes you want to listen all day long. I'll be starting a thread to profess my love of these things. Hope you snag a pair one day!
 
Welcome Brixton! I was just in your neck of the woods last fall. Did the racing experience, Jim Thorpe, Penn's Peak, went on to Mifflinburg. Great time!
 
Welcome Brixton! I was just in your neck of the woods last fall. Did the racing experience, Jim Thorpe, Penn's Peak, went on to Mifflinburg. Great time!
Thanks knotscott. Nice! Our 3 turn Nascar track is a fun spot. I've got two vintage mustangs that I've always wanted to drive on that track (i'm actually too tall to get licensed by the track through the experience package). Jim Thorpe is beautiful. A hidden gem is the Tobyhanna State Park (it's free and has some amazing views). Really love living in these parts. Penn's Peak is a pretty nice venue! If you're ever back this way, let me know. My door is always open to anyone that's got the hi-fi vibes. :) I can talk music all day... Cheers!
 
Back
Top Bottom