• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello from North East UK

Stoddart2000

New Member
Hello, have always had an interest in audio equipment but have found myself lately drawn to the 70's vintage era.
I have started to build up my workshop to hopefully learn and pick up new skills and be able to repair and maintain the equipment i collect.
I am looking forward to reading through posts and becoming a member of the forum.
 
Register to hide this ad
Great to have you come on board the SS AK, m'8.

Have you any particular
"audio gear" that
stands out?

Just curious, eh?


Q
Hello, thank you for your message.
I am just starting to collect a few bits to have something to have a play about with.
I have a Pioneer SX-434 to collect that no sound is coming from so I am looking forward to getting into this to fault find.
I have also purchased a NAD Model 120 that is on the way sold as fully working.
I am struggling to find much info about the 120 I was hoping to track down a service manual and schematics but had no luck so far.
Have also picked up a pair of celestion Ditton 15 speakers to get me going and refresh the crossovers on.
Or replace drivers if needed and have a go at making a new crossover.
Still on the look out for a turntable and tape unit, I’m waiting for ones to pop up local possibly spare and repair to try and bring back into service.
 
Hello, thank you for your message.
I am just starting to collect a few bits to have something to have a play about with.
I have a Pioneer SX-434 to collect that no sound is coming from so I am looking forward to getting into this to fault find.
I have also purchased a NAD Model 120 that is on the way sold as fully working.
I am struggling to find much info about the 120 I was hoping to track down a service manual and schematics but had no luck so far.
Have also picked up a pair of celestion Ditton 15 speakers to get me going and refresh the crossovers on.
Or replace drivers if needed and have a go at making a new crossover.
Still on the look out for a turntable and tape unit, I’m waiting for ones to pop up local possibly spare and repair to try and bring back into service.

Thank you for the time taken to clue in both me and the others on your state of audio being. :trebon:

Looks like you do have appropriate "skills" to deal with your gear, but be sure to ask in the specific forums, adding required data in order to deal with any snags/problems you run into, eh?

Q
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom