• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

hello from olympia

rat123

New Member
Hello,

new to the forum and just getting back into the wonders of vintage gear.. I picked up a nice condition pioneer sx-980 a week or so ago, sounds great on my sansui sp-3500's..... there is a bit of fuzz and static noise when adjusting the volume and tone controls. From my readings here cleaning the controls seem's to be the wonder fix, any tips on how to clean a sx-980, I got the face plate and bottom off, do I need to remove the whole tuner assembly to get to the back of the switches? also any other members in the fine town of Olympia WA? Thats all for now I'm sure there will be more to come later!!:music:
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello from Olympia take 2

Hello again,

Another quick question, would crc brand contact cleaner work for cleaning the controls, if not whats the difference between that and deoxit?
 
Welcome to AK! Glad you found us! Regarding control cleaning, there are those on this forum who've used CRC and report good results...but there's a LOT more folks who swear by deoxit. It's kinda the Windex of AudioKarma.
 
Back
Top Bottom