• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello from pacific NW

Live4speed

New Member
Hello all AK members and hifi aficionados!

I am trying to build a basic system that I can enjoy countless hours of vinyl bliss and would truly appreciate your valuable opinion on how best to approach new system, starting with a TT.

Live in Olympia (near Seattle) and want best advice from those that have been doing this much longer than I have.

Cheers,
Raul
 
Register to hide this ad
I guess the first question would be what's your budget? Second would be are you a renter? I am, and personally I think you can't go wrong with a Technics 1200 if your budget allows ($350-550). Solid, awesome, not picky about isolation, and holds resale value very well. Oh, and if you could, go out to Boston Harbor and say hello to Bark-Bark's current incarnation for me:)
 
My budget for the TT is $200-400 depending on condition and model. I'm a home owner, and mainly enjoy rock and blues types of music, put dig all good work.
In this price point and considering this is my starter set, do you suggest direct drive or belt drive?
 
There are lots of decent tables in that range but the Rega Planar 2 and the Technics 1200 would be my two top choices. Very different tables but both are great.
 
Back
Top Bottom