Echoes Myron
Active Member
Hey everyone,
I've been "lurking" on AK for a number of months now, and I've learned so much from this community! Thanks to the Audiokarma administrators and audio gurus--this site is a priceless resource.
I'm a grad student living in Saint Louis right now, though I'm originally from eastern Ohio (near Steubenville or Wheeling, WV). I'm a life-long lover of vinyl, but when I heard how good a record could sound through a vintage Marantz receiver everything changed! I've found, especially with jazz and with well-recorded vocals, that there's no comparison to the clarity and warmth of this vintage sound...but you guys already know that!
I'm currently using a clean and beautiful Marantz 2226 to power some KLH Model Sixes. I'm still using a JVC AL-A158 TT, but I'm hoping to upgrade soon. I'd also really like to eventually get into tube amps, but that may be a ways off in the distance...
I'm looking forward to joining the discussion on AK. Thanks again.
I've been "lurking" on AK for a number of months now, and I've learned so much from this community! Thanks to the Audiokarma administrators and audio gurus--this site is a priceless resource.
I'm a grad student living in Saint Louis right now, though I'm originally from eastern Ohio (near Steubenville or Wheeling, WV). I'm a life-long lover of vinyl, but when I heard how good a record could sound through a vintage Marantz receiver everything changed! I've found, especially with jazz and with well-recorded vocals, that there's no comparison to the clarity and warmth of this vintage sound...but you guys already know that!
I'm currently using a clean and beautiful Marantz 2226 to power some KLH Model Sixes. I'm still using a JVC AL-A158 TT, but I'm hoping to upgrade soon. I'd also really like to eventually get into tube amps, but that may be a ways off in the distance...
I'm looking forward to joining the discussion on AK. Thanks again.