• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello from Smokey California

biglevowski

New Member
Hello Everyone.

After about a year of looking to these forums for advice, I figured that it was about time to join!

I became interested in vintage gear after pulling a Marantz 7T, Model 15, and a Pair of ADS L810s out of my parent's closet back home. Everything worked amazingly, despite being hidden away for 20+ years. I "borrowed" the gear, cleaned everything up, and I've pretty much fallen in love with it all. I've since added a pair of ADS L520s and a Pioneer SX-1010 in the form of nice little craigslist finds. The SX-1010 needs some work, so that's going to be my project for the next handful of weekends.

Anyways, thanks for all the help to this point, and I'll see you guys around the forums!

-Ryan
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi Ryan from CA. I'm from the Disneyland area in So. Cal. I have owned two of the 7T's a model 15 and a model 16. I agree, they are very cool.:smoke:
Welcome to AK!
Greg:music:
 
Welcome to AK! I'm in La Habra, SoCal, near Elgato too. We just had some rockin' and rollin' yesterday.

You certainly started your Vintage habit with a bang. You should compliment your parents on their taste in Marantz gear. By any chance, did they purchase it at Pacific Stereo or Federated Stereo back in the day?

Of course, you should start a new thread or post pics here. When we're interested, we'll give you the obligatory:

:worthless

Have fun!!

Regards,

Bart
 
Back
Top Bottom