Hi All,
I am an ancient electronics tinkerer and enjoy good audio, especially vinyl played on a good vintage amp. I have a reasonably equipped bench with tube testers, meters, oscilloscope, signal generators, soldering station, etc. I used to LOVE Heathkits and built the stereo tuner and amp kits, which turned out to be pretty high performance units to my ear. My current project is somewhat of a disaster. I acquired and sent a Fisher 400 receiver to a "restoration expert" primarily because I lack the equipment to do an FM alignment, and also because the underside of the 400 is a little daunting. Long story short, what I got back was a functional, but butchered chassis, and no information on what was done, how the unit performs, etc. So, I'm dusting off my soldering station and learning as much as I can here to hopefully salvage this once fine piece of gear. Looking forward to meeting like-minded folks and sharing knowledge. Ben Gray
I am an ancient electronics tinkerer and enjoy good audio, especially vinyl played on a good vintage amp. I have a reasonably equipped bench with tube testers, meters, oscilloscope, signal generators, soldering station, etc. I used to LOVE Heathkits and built the stereo tuner and amp kits, which turned out to be pretty high performance units to my ear. My current project is somewhat of a disaster. I acquired and sent a Fisher 400 receiver to a "restoration expert" primarily because I lack the equipment to do an FM alignment, and also because the underside of the 400 is a little daunting. Long story short, what I got back was a functional, but butchered chassis, and no information on what was done, how the unit performs, etc. So, I'm dusting off my soldering station and learning as much as I can here to hopefully salvage this once fine piece of gear. Looking forward to meeting like-minded folks and sharing knowledge. Ben Gray