Texasrocker
New Member
Hello fellow tube-techs! Im a older guy tubetech "newbie" here on these forums. I enjoy restoring vintage tube-type amplifiers ( no 60s era integrated types), but they do sound great also! My interests are mostly in repairing and building from scratch, older vintage all-tube type amplifiers from yrs gone by in my sparetimes. I also restore vintage tube-type radios from the late 1920s era trf designs, thru the early 50's superhets, and have a good repeat customer-base nowadays. Im now dabbling in building some late 50s era schematics tube type studio comp/limiters, etc. as a hobby. The best part of my hobby, is always learning something new from ALL other-techs that are involved in this hobby also !!
I played/ recorded/ & toured professionally ( full-time), over 25 yrs and played with some of Texas Best musicians in the Austin & Dallas areas back in the early 1970s- thru late 90s. I still have some of my vintage tube gear that I keep fully restored, including my orig Ampeg SVT 6-tuber 6550 rig, & my 59 Fender P-Bass. My vintage tube repair shop is fully equipped with vintage test-equip, spare parts, schematics library,etc Ive collected over the yrs.
I dont ever expect to be, or ever will consider myself to be a "expert" in vintage tube repairs, but I have much past experience on the workbench, and I enjoy the "real" tube-quality-sound also!!
Enough for my introduction, Im looking fwd to meeting all you folks here!!
Texasrocker
I played/ recorded/ & toured professionally ( full-time), over 25 yrs and played with some of Texas Best musicians in the Austin & Dallas areas back in the early 1970s- thru late 90s. I still have some of my vintage tube gear that I keep fully restored, including my orig Ampeg SVT 6-tuber 6550 rig, & my 59 Fender P-Bass. My vintage tube repair shop is fully equipped with vintage test-equip, spare parts, schematics library,etc Ive collected over the yrs.
I dont ever expect to be, or ever will consider myself to be a "expert" in vintage tube repairs, but I have much past experience on the workbench, and I enjoy the "real" tube-quality-sound also!!
Enough for my introduction, Im looking fwd to meeting all you folks here!!

Texasrocker