Leland47
Super Member
Hello AKers
I've been interested in audio gear for a long time. Had a lot a spare time several years ago in DC/Northern Va....and did auctions...CL....and picked up some nice gear. Saved some....but flipped a lot of it...:tears:
Northern Va...was a great area to find some nice gear....including an old Pilot Console...Klipsch La Scallas....pair of "the Fisher 100" mono blocks....and Magnavox/RCA/Silvertone consoles and such. (now you know why the tears about flipping my finds.)
Now I've moved to Fl....and haven't as yet had many finds....or the time to do it...as fixing up a modest house. I do have several shelves of equipment to restore....and have been reading many threads on restoration projects here on AK. These build and restore thread are fantastic...and want to thank you all for the information and knowledge imparted.
I guess my main interest is console pulls. (affordable)
I've got about 10 amps I will someday be restoring...and hope to do so here and get some help. (Pilots, Magnavox, Philips, RCA, Webcor, )
I have a couple "current" systems...My fav is a Sansui CA-2000, Sansui TU-9900 Tuner running into a Pilot 232. (the speakers are Bose), as it is my Computer system. I am running vintage Jensen 3 ways in the living room off a NAD receiver.
Very into vinyl....my one functioning turntable is a BIC. Have a couple others "on the to do shelf."
All the best to AK
Leland
I've been interested in audio gear for a long time. Had a lot a spare time several years ago in DC/Northern Va....and did auctions...CL....and picked up some nice gear. Saved some....but flipped a lot of it...:tears:
Northern Va...was a great area to find some nice gear....including an old Pilot Console...Klipsch La Scallas....pair of "the Fisher 100" mono blocks....and Magnavox/RCA/Silvertone consoles and such. (now you know why the tears about flipping my finds.)
Now I've moved to Fl....and haven't as yet had many finds....or the time to do it...as fixing up a modest house. I do have several shelves of equipment to restore....and have been reading many threads on restoration projects here on AK. These build and restore thread are fantastic...and want to thank you all for the information and knowledge imparted.
I guess my main interest is console pulls. (affordable)
I've got about 10 amps I will someday be restoring...and hope to do so here and get some help. (Pilots, Magnavox, Philips, RCA, Webcor, )

I have a couple "current" systems...My fav is a Sansui CA-2000, Sansui TU-9900 Tuner running into a Pilot 232. (the speakers are Bose), as it is my Computer system. I am running vintage Jensen 3 ways in the living room off a NAD receiver.
Very into vinyl....my one functioning turntable is a BIC. Have a couple others "on the to do shelf."
All the best to AK
Leland
Last edited:
