• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hello. I’m new to this forum stuff but I am so glad I found it

Kat williams

New Member
I would have not had the money to get a stereo system if I had not been hit by a car when I was 8 years old. This is true. At the time that I was hit, I think that the lady who hit me (I was in the highway) put some money in something for me that I was to receive at the age of 18. (That is what my parents told me). When the time came around, it was $1,200. Hmmm sorta makes me wonder. But. I could only spend a small portion of it and I wanted a stereo. I went to the “Music Eye”. The local stereo and headshop in the town where I grew up. (Hickory, NC). With their assistance, I bought a Pioneer turntable, Hitachi receiver, and Kenwood speakers. I have not let anyone else touch it and handled it with such care. About 20 years ago the speakers lost their woof, 2-3 years ago someone stole my Hitachi receiver while staying at my house, but I do have the turntable. I don’t know how many people besides me watched Ren and Stimpy, but it’s been my “most prized material possession “. Thank you everyone. I look forward to hearing from you
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of threads on music listening as well as gear. Check out the Music and Turntabe forums. Always someone posting about playing something......great as a reminder of music we love as well as a gentle nudge to explore something new.
 
Welcome to AK, Kw

You've still got that TT
to build on. Keep it!:thumbsup:

Take yer time. Read up
in the different forums, so's
you know what yer lookin' for.

One piece at a time!
Doesn't have to be top notch.
Y'all can up grade later.

Buying LP's/CD's might be
the biggest cost long term,
unless you go streaming.

Q
 
Welcome from RTP in NC. I’m familiar with Hickory but not Ren and Stimpy :dunno:

Great story and you made a wise choice with the money. Enjoy!
 
Back
Top Bottom