• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help finding a turntable.

Deeredriver2

New Member
So after weeks of looking and a little research, I think I want a Technics SL-5300. But finding one is kinda tough. Had one on goodwill auction but lost it at the last second. If anyone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
Also, was wondering if anyone knows if there is much of a difference between the SL-5300 and 5200 or 5100?
Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK :). It appears the 5300 is a full automatic deck from 1979. The 5100 is a manual table. Nothing on a 5200, but could be the Semi auto version. Finding a particular vintage table can be tough. And I don't see too many of this series around, like the 1300-1500 and 1600-1800. Why is this table the one for you?
 
I was looking for this turntable because it seems to have some favorable higher end things, such as quartz lock, gimble tone arm, and it's cheaper. As I am currently am a college student I would like the best I can find for as cheap or reasonable price as I can.
 
Are you really hard set on this particular model? There are a lot of good turntables that can be had for a reasonable price. Might be worth expanding your search to include other models. I'd probably make a list of must-have features and then see what else fits that bill.
 
If the OP can get his hands on an original only owner table he's likely to get a nice one that was well cared for by one of us old timers.
 
Back
Top Bottom