• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help for Thorens SD 105 turntable

dingo

New Member
I'm a new member, so don't know all the protocols for posting, but...here goes: I have a very nice Thorens SD 105 turntable that has become separated from its power supply. I can buy a new power supply from Thorens for $50 or an alternative 16VAC 1.1 amp generic from a supplier for $17. Will the cheaper supply work as well? I don't have the Thorens specs, so I'm not sure of the match-up...
 
Register to hide this ad
It sounds like the power supply is just a transformer (like my TD166 II uses). I suspect that your alternative will work fine.

However, the Thorens original supply may be suitable for different mains voltages.

You may be able to do better than $17 somewhere.

How is the belt, what condition is it in?

I'm assuming it's a belt drive, no experience of your model.
 
The belt is fine. The power supply is a wall-wart type, to keep the transformer away from the turntable chasis, I assume.
 
Yes, sorry. It is a TD not SD 105. My mind was somewhere else. I think I'll order the 16VAC and try it. It comes with a variety of barrel connectors, so I should find a fit...
 
Back
Top Bottom