• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help from anyone out there on pricing?

onetimer

New Member
Hello...

I ran into this forum searching for any info on some old components I'm trying to sell on CL. (With all of the CL posts in here, looks like I found the right spot).

Anyway...I have absolutely no idea what to ask for these items, and was wondering if you all could give me some idea? These units used to be my parent's from years ago but have fallen to me now. They're in amazing shape and the sound is awesome.

Fisher CAV-875A
Surround Sound Amplifier

Marantz CD-152

Accoustic Research Speakers

Now, I'm no audiophile, by any means...so I don't have the ability to properly apply a value to these items.

I would like to sell them together, but not sure yet.

Any ideas? THanks a lot.
 
Register to hide this ad
At quick glance I did not find one (I'm at work, they're at home right now)...and all that I saw on the backs of them was the wire connectors. Here's a picture of everything.

ksy2e
 
You may be able to get some $$ for the marantz CDP, but the fisher probably wouldn'ty bring you more than 20 bucks. Its the 80s Black plastic crap and not true Fisher. The AR speakers look to be the TSW series. They were not the best, but if they are refoamed and ready to be used you could start at 100 and work your way down. If they need refoaming, I would start at 50 and work your way down.
 
So it would be a good idea to show the speakers w/out the screens?

Also...you mentioned "some $$" for the Marantz....any suggestions? Would that be because of it's age? I believe I read they made that model in '86...and this thing is in great condition.

-Chris
 
You aren't sitting on a gold mine here Chris... you might just want to keep it all for yourself as a decent sounding system. Nothing great, but not shabby...
 
Oh no...I understand all of that...but it's literally never going to get used and I would love to get a couple bucks for it.
 
We get hit on for pricing pretty often- not exactly why we are here and price questions are generally frowned on for first posts. But your username is pretty clear. Put the whole thing up on CL for $75 and it will go...
 
No big deal... although we invite you to hang out.. although you may end up regretting selling your gear if you hang out long enough!
 
Back
Top Bottom