• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help!! I can't log in????

KingBubba

"Too Much Stuff"
On my newly configured desktop computer, I am unable to log in to AK. I am using Win 2000 and Firefox, the latest build, and have applied all appropriate updates. I have cookies set to accept. I updated Java and Macromedia.

When I try to log in it accepts my attempt which is followed by a box that welcomes me and say I am being redirected in a few moments. When the redirection happens I am sent back to the sign in page. I have tried clicking the proceed button and the redirect link with no luck. I'm stumped.

We have no Help forum, that I cound find, so I have posted here hoping more people will see this plea for help. Heeeeeellllllllppppp?
 
Register to hide this ad
How did you post this? Have you downloaded any updates from Firefox or Microsoft? If so try going back to original
 
Just a stab in the dark here. Are you still logged in on the other computer while you are trying to log in on the laptop?
 
Weird Stuff

It is possible to be logged in on two computers so that is not it. I just tried on the errant computer and received the same response, a return to the login page, which shows me needing to log in. This time, however, I tried to go to the members list to see if I was there and as soon as I did I was directed to that page and shown as signed in. I went back and tried just going to the forums; this worked also and had me signed in. So, apparently, what won't happen is for me to be directed to the usual logged in welcome page. The cookie is being kept because I can shut off Firefox and restart it; then when I go to AK home page I still show as not logged in but as soon as I click on any link I show up as looged in without having to sign in. As long as I can get logged in, I'm satisfied, but it seems awfully peculiar.
 
Don't know if I'm understanding everything correctly but when you leave do you log out?
If you don't do that and don't clear your browser of cookies you'll still be logged in when you come back.

As I say I might have mis understood what you were saying.

Detail
 
I don't log out. I like the convenience of the cookie. On every computer but the one in question, when I click on the bookmark for www.audiokarma.org, I am brought to the welcome page and already logged in. This is how I like it.

On the computer in question when I click on the same bookmark I am sent to the log in page, not the welcome page, yet when I click on any link, such as the forum link, as soon as the page loads I am suddenly shown to be logged in. The real question is why am I being sent to the sign in page instead of the welcome page since I am already signed in via the cookie.
 
KB
That does seem to be a strange one. I'm not an expert but could it have something to do with browser or spyware-virus settings?
Just searching for answers.
 
can you log in to other sites? this is a key question.

also, i'd second the anti-spyware issue as a potential factor, though i doubt it. Firefox should be pretty cooperative about this, i'm not sure why this would be happening.
 
My login to MyYahoo holds the cookie and login is as normal. The software and antivirus settings are exactly the same as all my other computers.
 
Delete all your cookies and empty the browser caches ("temporary internet files"). Let it rebuild the cache, and create a new cookie. Methinks one of the cached files is corrupted. Can't hurt anything... worst thing, is that it'll use up a few minutes rebuilding the cache...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Thanks GordonW

Thanks to you GordonW. I cleared the cache,history and saved forms. When I resigned in, my login proceeded normally. All is well, my thanks to all.

Gary
 
Don't file it away yet. After I shut down the computer last night and restarted this morning, I am back to square one with the same problem showing up. I am perplexed.
 
Back
Top Bottom