• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

help , i want to go to the next level with my clsiiz

6a5dda05e026fd25f6ad86d2bd4262ea.jpg
8ae80c3b3595d09496b9c932a5b937d8.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Very nice. Looks perfect to feed those speakers.

One thing is missing though: the green meters of a McIntosh preamp now :banana:

To complete your set and make those 501's happy.
 
I would love a preamp from Mac but I would love a old vintage tube one by Mac ( one with a phone section and a sub input ) help what should I look out for ( model ??)
 
I had a C20 and was very happy with it. C22 is better. I am sure many will jump in.

May I ask why vintage?
You won't have the have the green McIntosh look, and like with all vintage, you'll have to deal with the age of the equipment. Despite the fact that McIntosh products are extremely well build, time takes its tow.

A nice C2200 -> C2500 will match well your amps and are tube pre-amps.

My 2 cents.

Brice.
 
What turntable are you using? It looks nice under those lights.

Lot's of very good Mac preamps out there. I'm biased towards the C2300, though I have a C34V and separate BC23 L2 phono preamp for my turntable.
 
Ok so we get kisses now.

I told you to over power and you did by a 100w and that will give you the head room you needed. I bet your hearing things you didn't hear before and the sweet base the 501s send out is awesome.

How do those percussions sound now?
 
Ok so we get kisses now.

I told you to over power and you did by a 100w and that will give you the head room you needed. I bet your hearing things you didn't hear before and the sweet base the 501s send out is awesome.

How do those percussions sound now?

wow ,such detailed and no issues with the low end ,bass sounds rich !!! soon a mac preamp (tubed )
 
okay ,,,here is my 2 week review of by mc501s with my system (clsiiz and jolida music envoy tube preamp and jolida tube cd player along with my Marantz TT15 ) well you guys were all correct ,my speakers needed the power (high current) even though my jolida mono blocks sounded good ,these mac's are incredible !! .Detail is remarkable highs and mids are so real and the bass is the deepest I have ever heard. I played some Frankie ,Dean and Sammy as well as Louis prima and there music sounded as if someone took a blanket off my speakers ,one word :;"alive" look I don't know the technical terms for a review ,but lets just say the mc-501 s took my system to the next level I was looking for !!!!!!. Thanks to all for everyone input and help . now my next purchase like I said before will be a preamp ,but I would love a vintage one ,tube , no need for a tuner (live in the mountains ) but one that will be the most bang for my money (2 channel only ,cd and vinyl ) my budget is 1200.00 any input regarding this purchase will be appreciated ..... happy holidays to all ,harry frm calif
 
Back
Top Bottom