• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help identifying a few 12AT7 tubes

laborer75

Member
I have a few 12AT7 tubes I am having a problem identifying. One just says 12AT7 in red on the tube with no other marks
The other tube has a single silver star on it with three lines on each side of the star. Also has some markings above that that looks to be Chinese symbols.
I'm guessing they are both Chinese tubes.
Any help ID'ing them is appreciated. Thanks in advance for reading.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20230430_192449681.jpg
    PXL_20230430_192449681.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 38
Register to hide this ad
They are both chinese tubes. The shiny, formed metal plate between the sections is the usual giveaway. I have found that this 12AT7 does not have a particularly long lifespan, and their performance is not on par with a "proper" 12AT7. Note that they share the same plate structure as the chinese 12AX7, which may explain why, especially in RF applications.
 
They are both chinese tubes. The shiny, formed metal plate between the sections is the usual giveaway. I have found that this 12AT7 does not have a particularly long lifespan, and their performance is not on par with a "proper" 12AT7. Note that they share the same plate structure as the chinese 12AX7, which may explain why, especially in RF applications.
I figured they weren't some high quality tubes. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. They will be good dust collectors for me. :) Thanks again!
 
If I recall correctly, the etched star logo designates military spec SINO made (from the defunct Beijing factory).

index.php
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom