Hey all, i'm new here, so please excuse me if this is not the best thread to ask this.
So, I have had my 828 since the late 70's, It's been babied, and everything tests as it should other than the tuner which seems deaf and not pulling in any stations these days, although I do believe I figured out which filters are causing that.
Anyway, I purchased another 828 last week that I thought needed allot more help than it evidently does. I got this one for all the parts that we can no longer get for these in case something pops in mine, and I am prepping it now for a re-cap. That said, someone else has obviously been inside this one, and they did something to one of the glass tube, fast-blow fuses that I think needs to be changed out before moving on.
I have experience changing out components in old gear, testing and changing bias in tube amps, etc. etc, but admittedly not great at reading the schematic finer details yet.
For the life of me, I cannot find these 5 glass, auto-type fuses in my shop manual, and without removing them I cannot clearly see their values. At a glance they appear to be part of the amp section. And all but the one that was messed with are covered with some split, clear, rubber tube.
The attached pic is of my original 828, not the recent purchase that I am now working on. The recent purchase actually has what looks to be about a .05 amp fuse "wire" soldered ON THE OUTSIDE of the fuse from end to end, doing an end-run around the blown filament inside. I cannot allow that to stand.
So, my main questions are;
1. What are they for?
2. What are the values? and...
3. Are they specific audio grade components, or generic?
That's it, and thanks so much for any consideration on this one.

So, I have had my 828 since the late 70's, It's been babied, and everything tests as it should other than the tuner which seems deaf and not pulling in any stations these days, although I do believe I figured out which filters are causing that.
Anyway, I purchased another 828 last week that I thought needed allot more help than it evidently does. I got this one for all the parts that we can no longer get for these in case something pops in mine, and I am prepping it now for a re-cap. That said, someone else has obviously been inside this one, and they did something to one of the glass tube, fast-blow fuses that I think needs to be changed out before moving on.
I have experience changing out components in old gear, testing and changing bias in tube amps, etc. etc, but admittedly not great at reading the schematic finer details yet.
For the life of me, I cannot find these 5 glass, auto-type fuses in my shop manual, and without removing them I cannot clearly see their values. At a glance they appear to be part of the amp section. And all but the one that was messed with are covered with some split, clear, rubber tube.
The attached pic is of my original 828, not the recent purchase that I am now working on. The recent purchase actually has what looks to be about a .05 amp fuse "wire" soldered ON THE OUTSIDE of the fuse from end to end, doing an end-run around the blown filament inside. I cannot allow that to stand.
So, my main questions are;
1. What are they for?
2. What are the values? and...
3. Are they specific audio grade components, or generic?
That's it, and thanks so much for any consideration on this one.
