• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Help Identifying Unknown Speaker

Strong2

New Member
Picked these speakers up yesterday. Could someone please Identify. Any help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • Speaker.jpg
    Speaker.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Speaker a.jpg
    Speaker a.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Speaker b.jpg
    Speaker b.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Speaker c.jpg
    Speaker c.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 112
Register to hide this ad
Why, those are Mk II's, the follow-on model to the previous Mk I's!

Seriously, I've got nothing...

Welcome to AK, I'll be surprised if someone doesn't wander by and fill us all in on what these are.

If you can get into them, the speaker drivers themselves will often have a manufacturer's code stamped on the basket - that might help with ID-ing them.
 
Not sure if I can get to the woofers and drivers without tearing up the grille cloth. Very tight. Glued? or what usually holds them on?
 
look like the speakers the Japanese flooded us with in the 70' & 80's.
Some of them sound ok at the right volume
 
Not sure if I can get to the woofers and drivers without tearing up the grille cloth. Very tight. Glued? or what usually holds them on?

Could be glue. Could be headless nails (small enough so that headless "brads" would be more accurate).
 
Those look a lot like the Wheaton Hi Fi house brand speakers i had. Ill betcha those are Utah drivers. Not bad speakers at all.
 
Back
Top Bottom