• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Help Me Choose an Integrated for Restoration

Champ

Active Member
Hello knowledgeable audiofiles,

I am nearing completion of a recap of a HK 930. This is my first restoration and in hind sight I perhaps should have tried something a little less challenging.

My question is, what integrated amp around 35-45 rms would be a good model to go with for my next project? Pioneer I am partial to or perhaps Kenwood.
An amp that would be a good to teach me, for instance how to trace a signal path, would be very helpful.

Any input welcome. Thanks:thmbsp:
 
Register to hide this ad
I wonder if you guys change only electrolic capacitors or everything else thats on board?
Shouldn't resistors go out of spec over time? What about transistors?
 
Kenwood KA-305, KA-405, KA-6100, KA-5700 are the kenwoods that come to mind. I have a KA-305 and it is a great piece
 
Carbon resistors usually don't drift far out of spec like fusible resistors. Transistors can develop noise, or start to leak.
 
Any chance of getting, not just recommendations, but reasons why you guys think a particular piece is worth the effort. It is one thing to say, so and so piece is great, why.
This would then be a good source for others to see what members like and why.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ERG
How about a Dynaco SCA-50? It has a reasonably modern design, and is very well documented. The parts are probably all still quite available (haven't checked the pots...sometimes a problem to find)..
 
Back
Top Bottom