• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help me complete this list: Int amps over 100wpc

Another one to add to the list:

Sony TA-F6B, 2x100w@8 ohm 20Hz-20kHz, it was sold 1978-1979


edit: noticed exactly 100w doesn't count, so forget my insert..


Samuel
 
Last edited:
lynnm said:
FWIW Hitachi had an integrated which used exactly the same components as the SR 2001 but sans tuner.Both of these units would have been produced in 1978-1980.
Lynn

Acutally, that was not an intergrated. Its the HMA 8300 Power amp. It uses the same amp section as the Hitachi sr 2004. 200 WPC RMS, with the class "G" section up to 400 or more.

But Hitachi did make a 100 watt intergrated amp, the HA-1100. It was rated 100 WPC with a AC draw rating of 430 watts. It has no power meters.
Its MSRP was $600 and sold between the years of 77-81 according to orion blue book.

here is some pics that I pulled from an auction.
 
Last edited:
zulualpha said:
Hi Rhino,
sorry - it took a while. But now my camera is repaired.
This is the NAD 200.
Sorry I missed that way back when posted. Shocked to see that NAD actually built something that doesn't look about as attractive as an anvil.
 
Personally, I would have included integrated amps having 90 wpc and up.
Those 90-watters (i.e., the Pioneers and Kenwood) are some real ball-busters.
Poor integrated amps-- the poor step-child of the audio world.
 
Kenwood 500, the smaller brother of the 600 (almost exactly the same but smaller power supply) is 110WPC.
 
I seem to recall that some sources list the Sansui AU-919 as 110 wpc, though sansui.us lists it as only 100 wpc. So I guess it doesn't make the list. :worried:
 
Nad 200 from 1978 according my reference from that year.

:banana: :banana:
rhinofly said:
from 1970 to 1980. Here is what I have so far.

Name, wpc @ 8ohms, year, msrp

Sansui AU-20000, 170, 1976-1980, $1000
Sansui AU-X1, 160, 1979-1982, $1450
Kenwood KA-907 150, 1980-1982, ??
Marantz 1300 DC, 150, 1978-1979, $950
SAE A-14, 140, 1979-1985, $799
Accuphase E-303, 130, 1979-1983, ??
Kenwood 600, 130, 1976, ??
Marantz 1260 DC, 130, 1978, ??
Marantz 1250, 125, 1976-1979, $700
Luxman L-110, 120, 1976-1980, $1095
Marantz Esotec PM-8 120, 1980, ??
Pioneer A-27, 120, ?? , $1250
Technics SU-8099, 115, 1979, $1000
Sansui AU-D11, 120, 1980-1982, ???
Yamaha CA-2010, 120, 1977-1979, $800
Luxman L-100U, 110, 1976-1980, $995
NAD 200, 110, 1975, ??
Onkyo A-7090, 110, 1979-1982, ??
Pioneer SA-9900, 110, 1975-1976, $750
Sansui AU-11000, 110, 1976, $750
Technics SU-V8, 110, 1980, $580

Please let me know if you see any mistakes. There are many brands on which I could find very little information. Let me know if you see any that should be here but arent.
 
bose4100 said:
The NAD 200 started earlier than 1978,
the German Hifi Fidelity Jahrbuch 8 (released August 76)
already lists this amp.
I don´t have the number 7 bok, so I can't verify if the 200
was already on the market in 75.
Anyway, my 200 looks like it left the factory just a few months ago :D !
List price was DM 1.500,- - don´t know what this was in Dollars
at that time.
 
Only seen them on eBay, but the Rotel 1412 (a big, honking 50# integrated, usually listed at about 120 wpc) seems to fit the bill. There is one listed on eBay till 8/27. It has a "little" brother the 1312, runs around 100wpc.
 
Last edited:
Sansui AU-9500

sansui.us said:
The AU-9500 did not have more elaborate circuitries Sansui developed some years later; however, it was well designed and well built. The AU-9500 reproduces traditional tube like sounding image; very powerful especially in the lower frequencies. The AU-9500 was the top of the line model when Sansui’s founder and perfectionist, Mr. Kosaku Kikuchi, retired in 1974. His product philosophy was “Let the products speak themselves.”, and the AU-9500 was his last jewel that satisfied his highest expectation.

Dosen't quite meet the 100wpc criteria (depending on how you are defining it), but I think it deserves to be on the list :)...

sorry, I'm excited mine is in the mail as we speak :banana:
 
Akai AM-2950

I have an AKAI AM-2950 integrated Amplifier with 120 +120 Watts at 8Ohms, build from 1978 - 1980/81. Top of the line.

But as a pioneer-collector I´m in love with my A-27 :kissy:


am295039xx.jpg
 
Last edited:
bigphil said:
Dosen't quite meet the 100wpc criteria (depending on how you are defining it), but I think it deserves to be on the list :)...

sorry, I'm excited mine is in the mail as we speak :banana:

Congrats! As you can see by my moniker, I'm kind of a fan of that old classic myself! I used mine for what seems like an eternity, and will probably set it up again in the den/spare bedroom.

I think it has more balls than many 100W+ rated amps. :yes:
 
How about the Luxman L-100?

I too have an Akai AM-2950 and it ROCKS!
Is the Luxman L-100 on the list? 110 wpc made from 76-80. Great amp, real smooth sounding integrated. It has some real cool features for an integrated amp, but according to my tech friend, a nightmare to work on. I sure regret letting mine go. Someone on AK made a joke and said that it looked like the front of a Jeep! Bwahahaaa! He's right it does look like the front of a Jeep! :D
 
Back
Top Bottom