• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help me I.D. this Sparton deco console radio/phonograph.

Ohighway

Wannabe Minimalist
In a moment of weakness I decided to bring this forlorn puppy home. Yeah, rough around the edges and all. But I'm a sucker for deco styling with a machine age/industrial bent.

Sparton radio/phono console. Pull out drawer for the phono, door opens for the radio and controls, two pull out drawers at the bottom.

Three bands. 6.0 > 18 MC Shortwave band. 550 >1600 KC AM radio band. And 200 > 300 FM band ??? Tube complement: 6e5 tuning eye, 6sg7, 7q7, 6sk7 (two), 6sj7 (two) , 5y3gt, 6s8gt, and single 6v6.

Unfortunately the sticker with the model number of this gem is torn off. Any ideas from the Sparton specialists ?

attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 100_2952.jpg
    100_2952.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_2953.jpg
    100_2953.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_2956.jpg
    100_2956.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_2957.jpg
    100_2957.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_2958.jpg
    100_2958.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_2962.jpg
    100_2962.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 94
Register to hide this ad
Immediately pre- or post-war I would say. The square style of radio-phono is most often seen 1946-50, but there are prewar signs: machine age cabinet for one. The FM band is the old band that went away pretty quick after the war. Maybe 1941, or 1946, I'm guessing. What year did loktal tubes come out?
 
Phil's Old Radios site says loktal (or loctal) tubes were postwar, late 40s.

Edit: It's not shown on the Radio Attic's gallery of 7800 radios. I'm stumped.
 
Last edited:
Immediately pre- or post-war I would say. The square style of radio-phono is most often seen 1946-50, but there are prewar signs: machine age cabinet for one. The FM band is the old band that went away pretty quick after the war. Maybe 1941, or 1946, I'm guessing. What year did loktal tubes come out?

Loktal's where in use in 40-41 in philco and Zeniths looks like a 46 or so it not in my prewar book .
 
Last edited:
Thank you sir, I'm a bit rustier than I useta be on those date ranges.

Well I'm going to go with 40-41. Still doesn't help with a model #.
 
Looks like a model number on that tag on the back. 10AM76PA it looks like it says?

OK, my second dunce move of the day. 10-76PA sticker on the chassis IS the model number of this unit. (I thought it was merely for the chassis and not the radio as a whole)

First dunce move today was bringing it home in the van today without anything to strap it down. Made what I thought was a gentle left turn and CRASH. It tipped over and fell. Lucky for me it's a passenger van with carpeting and I had a few folding chairs in the back to help cushion the fall. I was sure the dial face would be broken or cracked but I lucked out on that. Not so lucky.... on the upper left it became structurally unbonded and there is now a crack in some curved veneer up there. Repairable but I'm pissed at myself.

Here's specifics off radiomuseum.org.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sparks_wit_1076pa_1076_pa.html

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 1076pa_593045.jpg
    1076pa_593045.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Cool radio. I like that mahogany veneer.

Glossed right over gadget's model no. posting! Good eye.
 
Back
Top Bottom