• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HELP! - need speakers for Thanksgiving...

ssouci

Well-Known Member
HELP! - need to get some speakers for Thanksgiving!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

my regular speakers (vintage Electrovoice) are in for repair, and company's coming over...

so must be able to *very quickly & easily* pick something up at a "regular store", so that means some modern/new speakers, OR, something used if that happens to exist nearby

I'm running a vintage Marantz 8 tube amp (& matching preamp) which is rated at 35WPC, plus the room I'm playing in is quite large, so they must be very efficient

looking for something of decent quality that I won't regret buying

any suggestions? (brand, model, approx. price?)

also, suggestions for a store would also be appreciated... I am located in Troy Ohio, (which is north of Dayton and north of Cincinnati and west of Columbus)

thank you!

PS: hey, I noticed that Parts Express is not too far away... anything from there possibly? (link)... not sure if they're open
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
yes, go to best buy and p/u some Pioneers designed by Andrew Jones . . . the boxes will have his signature on them - A. Jones . . . dont remember the model number, but well regarded by one of the reviewers of Stereophile, plus Mr. Jones is an actual speaker designer trained in science not marketing . . .
 
yes, go to best buy and p/u some Pioneers designed by Andrew Jones . . . the boxes will have his signature on them - A. Jones . . . dont remember the model number, but well regarded by one of the reviewers of Stereophile, plus Mr. Jones is an actual speaker designer trained in science not marketing . . .

Pioneer SP-BS41-LR

The name just rolls off the tongue :)
 
I've got the opposite problem, we can't have Thanksgiving company because my dining room is full of speakers! :stupid:

Too bad you're not closer!

Good luck with your quest and Happy Thanksgiving!!
 
Polk makes some very fine speakers. The ones I posted were reasonably priced and should work good with your amp.
 
why not log on to parts express and get a palr of those sub $40 ones they sell.
part # 300-652 not the best but cheap and new and in ohio !
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom