• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HELP!! Need to identify Fisher? console

Thats what I was afraid of Red this has been the most difficult radio I have ever researched and that includes some Ive done from the 20's. If I cant find documentation on it I will hand draw the schematics on autocad and post them so they get around. Meanwhile you seem to be the resident expert on Fisher so maybe you can come up with a chassis designator until (if ever) we can find the documentation. I havent given up yet as I sure hate doin em by hand but I hate even worse not having the documentation with my radios when I finally turn em on. I will most defiantly take a look at the 80-R the pic looks the same from the dial face except for the dial cover. Maybe they just removed a few circuits. if you find out any more please let me know and Ill do the same for you.
Thanks
Arcee
 
Fisher (Possible Ampex?) Console

I found photos of this Fisher console which appears to have an Ampex reel to reel. I sent an email to the owner asking for the schematics ect. hopefully he will send them. In the meantime I thought this was very curious. Maybe an exchange of technology between Fisher and Ampex was occuring at this time. I thought you might find them really interesting red.
Thanks Arcee
 

Attachments

  • For+sale+pics+006.jpg
    For+sale+pics+006.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 52
  • For+sale+pics+007.jpg
    For+sale+pics+007.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 49
  • For+sale+pics+008.jpg
    For+sale+pics+008.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 43
  • For+sale+pics+013.jpg
    For+sale+pics+013.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 32
Fisher used AMPEX, I think Fostex, and Later Sony R2R's. Turntables were Elac Miracord 10F(Fisher) as opposed to a 10H for the lower to mid line consoles. Basically identical except for paint color, and Marking THE FISHER" on the Tonearm weight. Upper end got DUAL 1009 and later 1019's. Could have been some SONY TT's in there too. Late 60's units got BSR's also, re-branded as THE FISHER on the name plate. The Brochure's were sometimes vague as to what ancillary equipment went in. For the most part it was top drawer stuff.

The only thing I don't like about my '69 Royal Electra is the BSR TT. I'm really tempted to put a Miracord 10F I pulled out of my '65 Futura when I put in the Miracord 50H. It may end up needing a new plinth board tho. Have to look at it. The BSR runs fine, I'm just not a fan of them.

Larry
 
I agree about BSR. Seems like every one of their record changers I had ran too fast until the motor pulley met Mr. Sand Paper :D
 
Back
Top Bottom