• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HELP! New Tube Amp Came With Non-North American Power Cord/

Is there anything to be concerned about if I did want to listen all day? I'm assuming this amp and these tube are built to take this kind of heat. So should I have no concerns with extended listening sessions?

On another note, I'm sure the amp is running properly but it did say 110v on the box. As you are all aware, our current is rated at 120v. I was looking around on A-gon (again) and came across this ad. Any truth to what he's saying that 110V designs overstress the electronics?
 
You might find that our current typically runs at a bit less than 120. Mine is usually about 117v.

As for the heat, we spoke about the tube coolers I use. Here they are:

http://www.partsconnexion.com/tube_cool_pearl.html

I paid somewhat less than the listed price, as my purchase was a 'sale' price.

I can't speak to the issue of additional stress for voltage over the rating.
 
Back
Top Bottom