• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help Pricing a Sony PS-X70 Turntable!?

isRelative

Show Me What You Got
I actually have two questions:

1. How much would a Sony PS-X70 Turntable in very good condition cost? I've been trying to research but I can't find any information on it.

2. Would it be an upgrade to an Empire 598 mkII turntable that I'm currently using?

Thanks AK!
 
Register to hide this ad
I got mine, in 'refurbished' state, including a Goldring cart, and a TT Weight, for $600. Minus the extra arm weight, unfortunately. So, deducting the cart and weight, you could be shooting for, say $400. But, as ever, condition is all, so be prepared to pay somewhat more for a better one. They have quite a bit of electronics inside, so a test drive would be a good idea. But, a wonderful table, and a rare treat of an arm. Use it with a Denon 103R and love it. And, yes, it is an upgrade to the Empire, definitely.
 
I would say $400 sounds fair. I had a 60 for a while and loved it! It was just too big for my space... it's a tank of a table!
 
Back
Top Bottom