• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Help. Thorens TD 125 mkII Acoustic feedback.

Rasso01

New Member
I have a Thorens TD 125 mkII with SME 3009 imp. Fitted with Shure m97.

When playing at normal levels no problems. But when I crank up the volume, there is a acoustic feed back.
I have tested the following:
- I shut down the player so it stops spinning. When I place the needle on the record some place. The feedback comes when I turn up the volume to approx 90-100%. Below this volume. No problem.
- If I lift the cartridge the FB dissappear.

So apparently this is not a hum problem. And not related to vibration from spindle or motor.

If I pull the mains plug to the TD125 the problem is very reduced but not completely gone.

Help appriciated. Thx. Soren from Denmark. Amp NAD M33
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a Thorens TD 125 mkII with SME 3009 imp. Fitted with Shure m97.

When playing at normal levels no problems. But when I crank up the volume, there is a acoustic feed back.
I have tested the following:
- I shut down the player so it stops spinning. When I place the needle on the record some place. The feedback comes when I turn up the volume to approx 90-100%. Below this volume. No problem.
- If I lift the cartridge the FB dissappear.

So apparently this is not a hum problem. And not related to vibration from spindle or motor.

If I pull the mains plug to the TD125 the problem is very reduced but not completely gone.

Help appriciated. Thx. Soren from Denmark. Amp NAD M33

Maybe an AR XA is in your future:)

Really, it's the best table I've owned for laughing off airborne acoustic feedback, the Thorens is great but not as great.

Even "The Rock" Kenwood KD-500 had issues in places the AR was happy with, had to resort to extreme measures to cure the issue with the Kenny if staying in it's location

You can rap really hard on the AR plinth while in play and it just doesn't affect it's SQ, footfalls on a suspended floor a completely different story lol.

I would look into just where your table is located, this issue can often be reduced or eliminated by moving the table. Can you provide pictures of your setup including speaker location?
 
Maybe an AR XA is in your future:)

Really, it's the best table I've owned for laughing off airborne acoustic feedback, the Thorens is great but not as great.

Even "The Rock" Kenwood KD-500 had issues in places the AR was happy with, had to resort to extreme measures to cure the issue with the Kenny if staying in it's location

You can rap really hard on the AR plinth while in play and it just doesn't affect it's SQ, footfalls on a suspended floor a completely different story lol.

I would look into just where your table is located, this issue can often be reduced or eliminated by moving the table. Can you provide pictures of your setup including speaker location?
Here the set up.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5276.jpeg
    IMG_5276.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 14
Here the set up.

Sweet setup, I'm not seeing where you should be having any issues with the location of the table unless there's a subwoofer I'm not seeing.

The Thorens is a suspended table that shouldn't be having this problem, the suspension might need adjustment.
 
Back
Top Bottom