• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help!!! Want to hook up Harman Kardon 330B to Sherwood Newcastle via pre out

TheWolf82

Active Member
I really need help with this. Very newbie question but here it goes. I have a Harman Kardon 330B. I’d like to use it in conjunction with my Sherwood Newcastle R-771 by hooking them up via pre out ports. Can I do this? One may why ask why I want to do this. Good question since I don’t entirely know yet myself! I know that I’d like to use both in my set up. Also, the HK is great but low powered. I though maybe I’d gain some power by doing this. So, is this possible? How would I do it correctly? And is there any potential gains to doing this? Could I utilize the extra inputs on the Sherwood since the HK is limited with inputs?

Help me out!!!! Please!!
 
Register to hide this ad
You would take out the jumpers from pre-out to main-in on the HK (lower left, next to fuses), then connect the HK pre-out to Sherwood Ext In for the front L&R channels to use the HK as the preamp, or connect the Pre-out for L&R channels on the Sherwood to Main In on the HK to use it as the power amp.
 
To use just as a tuner, take the HK output from Tape Out into one of the source audio input pairs on the Sherwood.
 
Back
Top Bottom